When you picture your best year yet, what does it look like?
Okay, now take that vision or those goals and see if Bible study and prayer fit in.
I hope the answer is yes. In fact, I hope your first goal is a variation of “Draw near to the Lord through daily Bible study and prayer.”
Because that is what gives us LIFE, y’all. That daily time spent in His presence is what transforms us and makes all the difference between existing and thriving. You could set the best goals to exercise more, do well in school, move up in your career, or spend more time with your family. But this goal is the one that will help you build a foundation to succeed in every other area of your life.
For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come. -1 Timothy 4:8
Last year, a group of us Tirzah girls got together twice a month in a private Facebook group to do live Bible studies as we studied the New Testament together. We’re just about done with Revelations, and here is what some of our young women had to say about it:
- First and foremost this group has inspired me to connect with the Lord. Studying the bible and not just reading has opened my eyes to an understanding that was beyond my comprehension. My quest in life is to seek the Lord with all my heart. Yelena and Chanel have been guiding me to my destination. Looking so forward to continuing this journey with like minded women who too seek and find Him. -Lisa S.
- It is a huge help knowing that there is an army of women praying and reading the Bible together. There is so much power in that, even though we may not feel it or see the full impact of it sometimes. Reading the Bible together (even though I’m behind), has helped me stay focused and looking ahead on things above, not the things of this earth. There is sooo much wisdom in the Word, and I want to soak in as much as I can. Having a group of ladies cheering me on has made all the difference in how I approach my Bible Study time. -Snezhana B.
- The Tirzah in the Word group reignited my desire to not only read, but really study God’s word, as well as giving me the continued reminders and motivation to do so through 2017. I’ve learned so much through the live studies as well as in my own devotional times reading through the New Testament. Walking this journey with a diverse group of women from across the globe, yet who are all united in their desire to learn more of God and live their lives for him, has been a real encouragement and blessing – who would have thought you could find such a sense of community with a group of people who have never met?! -Helen S.
Based on your requests on what you’d like to study in 2018, we’re working on compiling a 12-month community study on women of the Bible. We’ll be doing one Facebook live study for 1 to 2 hours on the first Tuesday of the month. Each month, we will cover one supporting woman of the Bible – women like Hannah, Deborah, Tirzah and Rahab – who are often overshadowed by their more well-known sisters like Ruth, Esther and Mary. Yet, there are so many beautiful lessons that we can glean from the lives of these women who were faithful in the ordinary and extraordinary moments of their lives.
As a member of the Tirzah in the Word 2018 group, you will get access to a private Facebook community of Tirzah girls, monthly live studies, and a 20+ page downloadable syllabus that will serve as the curriculum for our study with worksheets and supplemental materials.
We hope you’ll be reading the Bible on your own daily, so that this study would just add an extra layer of depth to the passages you’re reading throughout the year – a way to get to know the characters on the pages of your Bible. The studies will be lead by our Founder, Yelena Bosovik and Community Director, Chanel Caulfield.
And yes, we know this may be an investment for some of you (especially if you’re in college and/or on a limited budget!), but studies show that people are more likely to stick to something they pay for and the proceeds from this will go to help fund the hosting fees to keep the TirzahMag.com site up in 2018 and the printing of a 21-day study on finding hope in a season of waiting.
Also, this year has shown us how important it is to keep a small, but engaged group, so we’ll be limiting “seats” in the group to provide better accountability and a more intimate community. Since we won’t be posting new articles on this site in 2018 and deactivating our other Facebook groups/social media accounts, this will be the only opportunity for you to stay in touch with your fellow Tirzah girls in 2018!
PS. Don’t have Facebook, but want to join? Last year, a few girls created a Facebook account just for this (so they had no friends and didn’t follow any other pages, but just set up a “dummy” account to be able to interact with our group and watch the live studies!
Latest posts by Yelena Bosovik (see all)
- Women of the Bible – 2018 Tirzah in the Word Memberships Now Open! - December 19, 2017
- Letter From The Editor: This Is Not Really Good-Bye - November 27, 2017
- The She Reads Truth Bible + A GIVEAWAY - November 17, 2017
- 2017 Tirzah Day of Prayer - September 18, 2017