Loved. Beautiful. Worthy. Priceless. Free. Princess. Daughter. Unique. Beloved. How He sees me.
Did you know that is how Christ sees you? You are beloved. Considered royalty by the Creator of the Universe. He knows the essence of your being. Knit you in your mother’s womb. Created you for a purpose and a calling.
Unworthy. Isolated. Shame. Hated. Ugly. Dirty. Messy. Aloof. Unloveable. How I see me.
Don’t we all have those days? The ones where we make mistake after mistake. Drive people away when we need them the most. Run from God. Hate ourselves. During one of those times, I did my favorite thing – looked up words to describe how I’m feeling.
A thorough search of the Bible revealed how GOD sees me. What He believes about me. How my identity is grounded in Him. The following are the verses of the Bible revealing how God sees me. At the end of this article check out the Spotify playlist/Song list with uplifting music to describe how God sees you through music!
Scriptures Grounding Your Identity in Christ
…just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as daughters through Jesus Christ to Himself. – Eph. 1:4-5
So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. – Gen. 1:27
…being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.. – Phi. 1:6
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light… – 1 Pet. 2:9
…He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. – Zeph. 3:17
Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this? – Est. 4:14b
Songs to Inspire When Your Feeling Less Than Your Identity
- Lovely – Hollyn
- Priceless – For King & Country
- The Real Me – Natalie Grant
- Beloved – Jordan Feliz
- Through Your Eyes – Britt Nicole
- I am Yours – Lauren Daigle
- Beautiful – Bethany Dillon
- Gold – Britt Nicole
- Free to Be Me – Francesca Battistelli
- Work of Art – Britt Nicole
- Image of God – Crystal Lewis
- He Knows My Name – Francesca Battistelli
- More Beautiful You – Jonny Diaz
- What You’re Worth – Mandisa, Britt Nicole
Latest posts by Alycia Johnson (see all)
- Rejoice in Love: Songs for When You Feel Less than Loved - September 27, 2017
- Love Dearly: One Girl’s Journey to End Hunger in Honduras - September 15, 2017
- I am My Beloved’s, He is Mine: A Modern Day Psalm 73 - September 13, 2017
- 10 Characteristics of a Godly Man - August 28, 2017