Hello, lovely Tirzah girls!
As we prepare to start publishing articles on here once again in mid-February, we need your help! First, we’re once again accepting submissions, so whether you’ve written for us in the past or not, we’d love for you to share your testimony, what God is teaching you and other words of encouragement with our community.
I also feel called this year to delegate some of the editorial duties to an Associate Editor – to give me time to focus on big picture projects like Tirzah Academy and more devotional studies/ebooks, and to ensure that regular content is posted here and contributors are taken care of (something I’ve often dropped the ball on in the past!).
The Associate Editor for Tirzah Magazine will be responsible for producing and editing bi-weekly articles for TirzahMag.com. We are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of our site, past articles, readership, and mission who can bring vision and reshape our online magazine.
As we are fully a volunteer ministry, the position is unpaid, but you’ll have access to our Tirzah Academy resources for free. We call this our Kingdom Work – we don’t do it for money or fame, but to empower and equip young women from all over the world to seek God first in every area of their lives.
- Attend quarterly virtual staff meetings via Google hangouts
- Respond to submission inquiries via email
- Approve article pitches and give feedback/guidance as necessary to prepare articles that align with Scripture and Tirzah’s mission
- Collaborate with writers and contributors to produce edifying content in line with Tirzah’s mission
- Edit and proofread all article submissions to prepare them for publication
- Manage Tirzah’s editorial calendar
- Expected time commitment: Flexible (5-7 hours per week)
- Currently majoring or holding a degree in Journalism or a related Communications/Writing program (college students welcome to apply!)
- Familiarity with Tirzah Magazine and the content we’ve published on here in the past
- A heart for empowering + equipping young women to live a Godly life in the modern world
- Organized and able to keep track of an editorial calendar, dozens of writers/story ideas and emails
- A believer with a strong knowledge of Scripture since you’ll be editing articles and shaping all the content posted on TirzahMag.com
- Dependable – be ready and willing to commit to this position for at least one year. You’ll be fully responsible for Tirzah’s online content, which is a lot of responsibility and influence!
Applications close January 27, 2017! This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get more involved in ministry in 2017 and/or to gain experience for your career in publishing, journalism, writing, and communications.
If you want to get involved in other ways, please reach out to us – we’d love to work with you!