We are delighted you are interested in contributing to Tirzah and we are excited to review the submission you have prepared for our readers!
To apply to be a regular contributor, please email your interest to email@example.com. Include at least one writing sample. Our Associate Editor will be in touch with you within 1-2 weeks.
- Our articles are between 600-1500 words.
- We expect each article to be of the highest quality – like something you would read in any other real magazine on the newsstand. But, don’t be intimidated – write from the heart and we will work with you to figure out the details once you submit your draft (what’s what editors are for!).
- Structure: Each post must have a personal component (a piece of your own story), a reflection (what we can learn from this story/why this is important), and a tangible take-away (what do I do now?). Offer up tips, relevant Bible passages, resources, etc. that will encourage our readers to take action immediately.
- The article must rely heavily on Scripture. If you’re going to make a claim or teach a lesson, please make sure you reference the relevant Bible passages/verses that support your words. Think of it almost like a mini-Bible study! You can either put Scripture references in parentheses and/or quote the Scripture in the article. If you’re referencing any version other than NKJV, please specify which translation.
- Once your article pitch is approved, you’ll be given a contributor checklist with detailed instructions.
We also welcome devotional submissions. Each devotional should be 200-400 words and, if chosen, will be published on our Instagram page. If you’re interested in writing a devotional for us, send an email to our Associate Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: devotional submission.
Thanks for your interest and we’re so excited to have you on our team!